21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Do you breathe LIFE or DEATH into the people and circumstances you encounter? We have the opportunity, in all situations, to deliver LIFE or DEATH. Do you give others optimism and hope? Or do you offer discouragement, judgement, and disappointment?
The simple way in which we live and lead can be fresh air or defeat for those we influence. This is true in our business, family, and culture.
I have had, like many of you, the unique privilege of learning many lessons from life and personal experience. But most important, observing the lessons of those who have led successfully and breathed LIFE into my own LIFE has given me a great example of how to live in TRUTH. WISDOM provided by my parents, in-laws, grandparents, sibling, wife, kids, and friends have brought the TRUTH into my LIFE.
- “True leaders take blame and give away credit.”
- “Remember whose you are – you were bought with a price.”
- “The harder you work, the ‘luckier’ you get.”
- “Lead by example – don’t ask someone to do something you’re not willing to do yourself.”
- “Dead men can’t be insulted – it is Christ who lives through you.”
- “Always take the high road.”
- “Get Real – truth builds trust.”
- “Make sure you light up a room when you enter.”
- “Make a difference – today.”
- “Do what you love, it will never seem like work.”
This loose personal collection of sayings has changed the way I lead. What a LIFE we have in Christ – we are His, and given for His good purpose — IF we follow. We can make the harsh landscape of someone’s LIFE live again by the way we lead. Give credit. Lead by example. Take the high road. Get real. Make a difference. Love what you do.
13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.
Be an instrument of righteousness.
Servants speak by giving LIFE to others.